Wednesday, July 09, 2008
I went to Orchard Rd after school yesterday, because I wanted to look for the American 17 magazine and a couple of books. You know, it was supposed to be a good day - writcom and radio lectures were cancelled.
Then these two middle-aged women stopped me outside Takashimaya. It was pretty freaky because they started cooing at first ('oh, your bag is soo nice. What does it say? Con...Converse!', 'Gorgeous skin...so young [I guess they think older women can't have nice skin, then. I WILL have gorgeous skin when I am 40, mark my words.]', 'Are you Indonesian? No? Oh, Eurasian... No? You're Chinese?!') and they said, "We're doing a health survey on teens. It'll take just 5 minutes." And I thought, hey, why not. Besides it could come in useful in my stupid speech on Love Your Body.
Yeah, right. Basically they measured my height, weight and everything. How on earth do I get myself into these things? I could've said, "Oy aunties, you said five minutes!" I could've said,"Are you fucking kidding me? What are you
doing?" But I didn't. I have a fear of confrontation, I think. They measured my wrist and informed me I have small bones and I could feel my eyebrows shooting up to the top of my head. Then they shook their heads gravely and informed me I had a high body-fat ratio thing. Ah, I could see where this was heading.
As I said, I have a fear of confrontation, and I had to sit through ten excruciating minutes of them showing me photo albums of before and after photos of OLD women. "Don't you want to help and change yourself?" one of them said. I looked at her in an angry way and she sort of backed off. I was pissed because they were trying to entrap me with Yes-no answers (the latest speechcom lecture leapt to my mind) and I knew what'd happen if I said yes. Being angry makes me feel...stronger. Ruder, definitely. I'm glad I don't turn into a green monster. It'd suck to have to lumber around in just a pair of pants.
Anyway to complete my day, my sucky day, 17 was sold out at Kinokuniya and they didn't carry the books I wanted!
I have not completed my writcom outline. Nor any speechcom. Just bits and pieces. Sigh.
Well, I could sleep foreverBut it's of him I dreamIf I could sleep foreverI could forget about everythingIf I could sleep foreverIf I could sleep foreverIf I could sleep forever
i thought the world of you
3:35 PM